About Canada InfoNet
Government of Alberta International Qualifications Assessment Service
- The Government of Alberta is committed to improving international qualifications recognition. The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) assesses international educational credentials and compares them to educational credentials in Canada.
Canadian Information Centre For International Credentials
- Collects, organizes and distributes information in regards to recognition of educational and occupational qualifications. It does not grant or assess qualifications, but rather promotes and provides information in this area.
World Education Services
- Established in 1974, WES is a not-for-profit organization specializing in foreign credential evaluation. Their major purpose is to facilitate the integration of internationally educated individuals into the employment and education environment of their newly adopted country.
Language Assessment and Referral (from the Government of Alberta)
- Alberta Employment and Immigration, in partnership with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, supports language assessment centres and services that assess English language skills and provide up-to-date information on English as a Second Language (ESL) programs running in Edmonton, Calgary and other smaller centres.
- Provides the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC), the world's leading English test with more than three million tests administered each year. Take the TOIEC test and include your score on your resume when job hunting.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada: Language Training
- List of LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) assessment centres and provincial language assessment centres.
College and University
- Comprehensive listing of universities and colleges in Canada. Also contains scholarship and career information as well as virtual tours of selected schools.
- CanLearn provides Canadians with the information and services they need to decide what and where to study and how to cover the costs. The site aims to provide all the necessary resources (from interactive planning tools to information about savings programs, student loans, and scholarships) to Canadians facing important decisions when saving for, selecting and financing their post-secondary education. This is a Government of Canada site.
The Directory of Canadian Universities
- Lists all universities (and degree-offering colleges) in Canada and courses offered. Includes information for foreign students.
Daycare, Primary and Secondary Schools
Alberta's Educational System
- Information about the educational system in Alberta, from Alberta's official immigration site.
Childcare in Alberta
- Information about the childcare in Alberta, from Alberta's official immigration site.
Parents--Programs and Services
- Information for parents with children entering the Alberta school system.
Daycare Bear: The Canadian Childcare Providers Information Network
- listings of childcare providers across Canada.
Videos and Webinars
Prince Edward Island (PEI)
Newfoundland and Labrador
Guides and Rules of Conduct
About Canada InfoNet
This project has been funded by the
Foreign Credentials Referral Office
within Citizenship and Immigration Canada
and is managed by JVS Toronto