Knowledge is priceless. So is the satisfaction of helping others.
Feel like sharing?
Who Are JVS Mentors?
At JVS, our mentors are professionals who have at least two year’s experience working in their field in Canada. They understand the challenges of immigration, many from a first-hand basis. Taking time to give a newcomer a clearer understanding of their industry in Canada can help build the confidence that is essential to setting and achieving personal goals.
What Do Mentors Do?
Mentors provide guidance and support. Mentors are not responsible for finding their mentee a job, rather, they share their knowledge of industry standards and practices, certifications, training and education, and the job search itself through a safe and easy online format. This rich network of personalized support is enhanced through discussion Q&A forums, articles and links that aim to help newcomers succeed in their career goals.
How Do Mentors Help?
There are countless ways that a Mentor’s time and effort can help, including:
- Sharing insights into Canadian work and values.
- Passing on information about current workplace and industry trends.
- Providing feedback on resumes and interview techniques.
- Assisting with self-marketing techniques and confidence building.
- Identify skills required by market demands, and help to guide mentees through licensing processes.
- Helping to improve professional terminology.
- Advising on programs to help upgrade technical skills and professional standing.
- Locating publications and workshops relating to developments in their field.
- Providing access to professional networks.
- Offering support and encouragement to help mentees become professionally established.
How Do I Sign Up?
Register to become a mentor, or for more information please call Farah Alizadehahi, Mentoring Coach, JVS Toronto at (416) 649-1658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.